SW 9th Facade Improvement Program – For 2020!
$10,000 single tenant, $15,000 multiple tenants
- 50/50 matching grant. Up to $10k/$15k. Small projects welcome. $200-$10,000 single tenant $200-$15,000 multiple tenant.
- Businesses meeting all the eligibility requirements listed on the full application and contract will be awarded on a first-come basis, as long as funding is available.
- Recipients from the 2018/2019 program are not allowed to apply until July 1st, 2020.
- If a tenant, need owners approval.
Approval of applications must take place before starting any improvement work on site.
- Commercial properties: National franchises locally owned, property owned by non-profits (excluding churches) are eligible as well
- Businesses facing SW 9th St. between Davis to Bundy St.
- All projects must comply with applicable building permit, site plan, landscape, and zoning requirements
Eligible Uses for Matching Grant
- Exterior property improvements that are visible from the street, including but not limited to: Landscaping, signage, windows, siding, paint, roofs, parking lots, and more
- Up to 10% of the total grant award may be applied to architecture/engineering/design services as part of the
total project cost if the project is completed by November 30, 2020
- Self performed work will not be reimbursed, but we will cover material costs
The application can be downloaded here.
Friends of SW 9th Street
3305 SW 9th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50315